Advocacy for Sven Bartscher

Hello,

I advocate Sven Bartscher to become Debian Developer, uploading.

The current status of Sven Bartscher is Debian Contributor.

Advocacy text:

I want to advocate Sven to become an uploading Debian Developer.

Sven approached the Debian Haskell Team, wanting to help, and soon started to be an productive member of the group. Especially during DebConf 15 I had the pleasure to work more intensely with Sven.

I found that he had all the traits that make up a good Debian Developer:
He quickly grasps existing setups, procedures and policy, even – as it is with Haskell packages – when they are not well-documented and have to inferred from observing, and from trying out.
He was not afraid of just doing things, instead of asking, when appropriate, while not being shy to ask when needed.
He does not put up with bad tooling, but scratches such itches, so that everyone benefits.
He also very quickly began to guide other, even newer, contributors, reviewing their contributions and given detailed, helpful and thorough feedback.

I hope that he will keep up his enthusiasm and I’m confident that, if he does, he will be a valuable contributor to Debian.

Joachim Breitner (via nm.debian.org)