Re: Advocacy for Daniel Stender

On 02.09.2015 12:04, Gianfranco Costamagna via nm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I advocate Daniel Stender to become Debian Developer, uploading.
>
> The current status of Daniel Stender is Debian Maintainer.
>
> Advocacy text:
>
> I believe that Daniel Stender has both the technical and social skills needed to be officially part of the Debian Project and Community.
>
> I support his application to become a Debian Developer, uploading.
>
> He started contributing in Debian in 2010, almost 5 years ago, and since one year is an official Debian Maintainer, maintaining over 30 packages in main and almost 30 ongoing ITP packages.
>
> I sponsored some packages for him in my short DD status time, and I really appreciated the packages he provided me for sponsoring. I never found any blocker for the uploads, and really few nitpicks, he had always promptly fixed even if not requested.
>
> Gianfranco Costamagna (via nm.debian.org)

For as DM I can't use the nm application web interface to put the short bio [1],
here's my text:

I'm very much interested in computers since youth, and made a for this age group
(born 1973) "typical" machine career from Commodore C64 over Amiga to early 286 PC
without a VGA card, beginning with MS-DOS before Windows 3.1 came out. I have run
different mailboxes for years (e.g. Zerberus on a Lightspeed 1200 Modem and a 20GB
hard disk). In 2001, I've switched over to Linux completely, beginning with Debian
2.2 "Potato". Since the end of 2010, I'm packaging for Debian.

I've made a Magister exam in the Humanities (Indology) and from that comes the
high proportion of typesetting, electronic documenting, book scanning and digital
humanities applications in my maintained package portfolio. I am developing my
Python programming skills and made several new packages for Debian in the meanwhile
mainly towards these areas in the groups PAPT, DPMT, and Debian Science.

I've written several articles on Debian, Linux and free software in renowned
journals, and on my blog (http://www.danielstender.com/blog, please see there
for a list of publications). I'm LPI certified Linux admin (LPI000329859 64mz6f7kt4).

Thank you very much,
Daniel Stender

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2015/07/msg00031.html

--
4096R/DF5182C8
46CB 1CA8 9EA3 B743 7676 1DB9 15E0 9AF4 DF51 82C8