Re: [DM] Application [of Mechtilde Stehmann]

Hi,

Mechtilde wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer

I hereby support Mechtilde's DM application.

> My GPG-Key is already signed by several DDs.

JFTR: I'm one of them.

> In November 2013 I published my first package Loook. Now I also
> maintain libreoffice-canzeley-client and calendar-exchange provider.

I've sponsored loook and libreoffice-canzeley-client multiple times.

Mechtilde always was very keen on only presenting a
lintian-pedantic-clean and working package to her sponsors -- and
usually also managed to do so.

In cases where she wasn't sure about the proper way to solve an issue
she asked before she continued. At least those cases I remember were
definitely non-trivial issues where I had to investigate quite some
details, too, before being able to help her.

Mechtilde also cares a lot about documenting her packages and
packaging changes, not only in the debian/changelog but also in a more
verbose document for herself.

Additionally she's a well-known and respected user on the #debian.de
IRC channel in the OFTC network.

I consider her a valuable contributor to Debian -- not only in
packaging -- and hence would be happy to see her as DM.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin