Re: DM application of Daniel Jared Dominguez

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 01:55:12PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
Hi Jared,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 01:21:59PM -0500, D. Jared Dominguez wrote:
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 01:07:54PM -0600, Daniel Jared Dominguez wrote:
>This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
><URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
>Debian Machine Usage Policy, and I agree with all of them. Currently, I
>maintain the wsl (upload sponsor Don Armstrong) and ledmon (upload
>sponsor Daf Harries) packages as well as help with testing and enabling
>Dell hardware support in Debian and Ubuntu. I also have been a Debian
>user since either slink or potato, although I can't remember exactly
>which. :) I'm looking to take on maintenance of more packages,
>particularly at this time systems management related software, as I
>believe that's currently where I can best contribute. My PGP key
>0xD97B2BA886A10CC0 is signed by Debian Developers Dafydd Harries and
>Kumar Appaiah. After many years as a user, I hope to become a DM.

It's been a while since I've followed up on the NM process, so I thought I
should reaffirm my intent after a couple recommendations that I do this.
Since my last declaration of intent, I've also started maintaining
efibootmgr and efivar. I've also cleaned up the open bugs in Debian and
Ubuntu for these.

It's not clear to me that this is currently the correct way for you to start
the NM process.  I don't see your name listed here:

 https://nm.debian.org/public/processes

Have you followed the process on https://nm.debian.org/public/newnm ?

I'm following the guide at https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer for becoming a Debian Maintainer (not Debian Developer). I may be missing something, but I've looked it over a few times, and that page makes no mention of the form you pointed out. Should I be following a guide different from the one I am using?

--Jared

--
Jared Domínguez
Server OS Engineering