Re: DM application of Daniel Jared Dominguez

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 01:07:54PM -0600, Daniel Jared Dominguez wrote:
This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
Debian Machine Usage Policy, and I agree with all of them. Currently, I
maintain the wsl (upload sponsor Don Armstrong) and ledmon (upload
sponsor Daf Harries) packages as well as help with testing and enabling
Dell hardware support in Debian and Ubuntu. I also have been a Debian
user since either slink or potato, although I can't remember exactly
which. :) I'm looking to take on maintenance of more packages,
particularly at this time systems management related software, as I
believe that's currently where I can best contribute. My PGP key
0xD97B2BA886A10CC0 is signed by Debian Developers Dafydd Harries and
Kumar Appaiah. After many years as a user, I hope to become a DM.

Regards,
Jared

It's been a while since I've followed up on the NM process, so I thought I should reaffirm my intent after a couple recommendations that I do this. Since my last declaration of intent, I've also started maintaining efibootmgr and efivar. I've also cleaned up the open bugs in Debian and Ubuntu for these.

Additionally, since 2011, I've contributed five different major releases of Dell OpenManage System Administrator as well as Dell Deployment Toolkit and Dell iDRAC Service Module, all ported to Debian and Ubuntu, which is available on linux.dell.com. (For licensing reasons, I can't currently get these into non-free.) While I do this porting of Dell software as part of my job role, where I do all the porting by myself, as well as being one of the two main people on my team to work on Ubuntu server support, I also exclusively run Debian and Ubuntu and go through great lengths to be an advocate for the free software community at Dell. In less official capacities, I've worked over the past two years to help the cause of making the GNU/Linux desktop more readily available through helping Dell's End-User Computing Linux team and contributing to Dell's Project Sputnik.

I'm still hoping to increase my contribution to Debian beyond my current level. I've been a Debian user for about half my life, so I certainly don't see my desire to contribute decreasing. :)

--Jared

--
Jared Domínguez
Server OS Engineering