Re: DM application of Fabian Greffrath

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 6:55 AM, Fabian Greffrath <fabian@greffrath.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> this is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
> <http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
> [Dear CC'ed DDs: I have worked together with you in the recent past, we
> have exchanged some mails and you sponsored my packages. I hope you
> believe that I would be a good Debian Maintainer and would highly
> appreciate if you could support my application by posting a statement to
> debian-newmaint.]

I also fully support Fabian's DM application, and am glad that he
(finally) decided to do this step. From experience, I am happy to
vouch for his competence, which he has shown over many years in both
the pkg-games and even more in the pkg-multimedia team, to deal with
technical bugs and prepare packages that satisfy the Debian packaging
policy. He also is a skilled communicator who is able to deal with
user bug reports and upstream developers in a respectful and
responsible manner. Also, he is a great person to work with in a team.

I wish Fabian the best of luck with his DM application, and am looking
forward to see him uploading Debian packages independently.

--
regards,
    Reinhard