DM application of Christoph Biedl

Hello,

Being a sound member of a community - and no doubt Debian is one -,
also means a lot about not just taking but also giving.

Regarding the "taking" part: I have started using Debian quite to the
day 14 years ago, and now it's installed on virtually all the boxes I
have root access to, roundabout 30. "Using" soon meant not just simply
installing it and doing regular work, but also looking into the
anatomy of a Debian system. Learning about packages, how to create
them. Triggering Bugs. Fixing them. This soon led to building packages
for software deployment, and patching Debian packages where they
didn't fit my needs.

On the "giving" side, my first visible contributions to Debian very
likely were bug reports, the oldest one I could find is #250300, back
in May 2004. After years of building packages in private, I started
maintaining official Debian packages in 2008. Now it's a total number
of six and with that number foreseeable growing further I should no
longer utilize the limited resources of my brave sponsor.

To sum it up, it's about time to increase my part on "giving" a bit
further. By taking more reponsibility, by maintaining more packages,
preferably orphaned ones.

So, (now mostly using the boilerplate):

This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer as in
<http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>. This should end up in the
full Developer state sooner or later but first things first. I have
read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian
Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.

Currently, I maintain the packages

    softflowd (since first version, July 2008)
    certificatepatrol (since first version, September 2011)
    libdevice-gsm-perl (since first version, March 2012)
    pptpd (since February 2013)
    file (since February 2014, not official yet)

and I co‐maintain a single package

    ngircd (since March 2010, de facto single-maintained)

Among other Debian related activity is a small but increasing number
of contacts with the security team to have issues resolved, most
notably those that led to

    [DSA 2861-1] file
    [DSA 2815-1] munin
    [DSA 1833-1] dhcp3
    [DSA 1646-2] squid

My GnuPG key 0xC42C58EB591492FD is signed by the Debian Developers
    Hilko Bengen
    Peter Palfrader

I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
attention.

    Christoph