Re: DM application of Christoph Biedl

After sponsoring most of Christoph's uploads over the last 5 years or
so, I do not only believe but am certain that he has the technical
skills needed to maintain Debian packages. It has been quite a while
since I last noticed a problem with any of his packages when I checked
before doing the sponsored upload. If this isn't an indication that
sponsoring is no longer needed, I don't know what is.

I consider Christoph's work in cooperation with upstream
authors/maintainers, where needed, to be excellent. Examples that spring
to mind include

- getting the ngircd testsuite to work reliably in buildd environments,
- cleaning up pptpd (both source and packaging),
- the recent adventures regarding file(1)

I fully support his application to become a Debian maintainer.

Cheers,
-Hilko