Re: Advocacy for Ole Streicher

Le 23/12/2013 11:55, Sergei Golovan via nm a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I advocate Ole Streicher to become Debian Developer, uploading.
> Advocacy text:
>
> Hi,
>
> I started working with Ole Streicher at the beginning of 2012 when he asked me to sponsor a few packages related to Tcl/Tk (they are some supplementary packages for a scientific software). His packages were always in a good shape and required some changes only for the first few times. For six of them I've given Ole the DM upload permissions. From time to time I do quick review of them, and I've never had to add something to these packages so far. Given this I hereby think that Ole Streicher's work is definitely useful for Debian and he can be trusted to have full, unsupervised, unrestricted upload access to the Debian archive.
>
> Sergei Golovan (via nm.debian.org)

Hi,

I also hereby advocate Ole Streicher (BAFC 6C85 F7CB 143F EEB6 FB15 7115
AFD0 7710 DCF7) to become Debian Developer, uploading.

I first worked with Ole when I was myself entering the NM process, in
2012. I this time, I provided a simple review of one of his prospective
packages. I have followed his work with interest and started actively
sponsoring some of his packages more recently.

In a little bit more than one year, Ole has packaged many pieces of
software that concern my field of endeavor, Astronomy, and that Debian
was missing. These packages were lacking because they are fairly
complex, required complex prerequisites that Ole has also packaged, and
because upstream is often not aware of the requirements for inclusion
into a project such as Debian.

Ole has a very sound contact with upstream, his packages are of an
excellent technical quality, and he has a very good understanding of the
Debian policy and procedures.

I believe Ole will be an asset for the project, can be trusted with full
upload rights, and needs it to continue his excellent work.

Kind regards, Thibaut.