Re: DM application of Hector Romojaro

Hello,

(Sending in-line and as attachment in the case that mail server breaks
the signed content).

Dear Debian Community,

This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.

I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.

Currently, I maintain the packages openacs, dotlrn and I co‐maintain the
package tdom.

My GnuPG key 0xEDC8C8240F688E68 is signed by the following Debian
Developers:

* Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <mafm@debian.org>
* Rodolfo García Peñas <kix@debian.org>
* Agustin Martin Domingo <agmartin@debian.org>
* Jaime Robles <jaime@debian.org>

I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
attention.

Kind regards,

Héctor Romojaro

I support this application from Héctor Romojaro to become a Debian
Maintainer.  In fact, I encouraged him to apply the last time that we
met, and I am happy to see that he stepped forward.

We know each other for about 15 years, studied in the same University,
and also worked together for several years.  During this period, we took
part of several clubs and associations, congresses and other more
informal meetings; many of which were/are directly or closely related to
free software.  This apart from being personal friends and meeting from
time to time.  Therefore, I can attest to his commitment to the values
of free software in general and Debian in particular.

With regards to his work in Debian, I never reviewed his current
packages in depth (I lack the knowledge about the software to be able to
do a good judgement).  Nevertheless, the state of the packages is good,
and they seem to be maintained adequately.  Also, I know that Héctor
made important efforts to get the packages officially in Debian, so
other people could profit from the job that he had to do anyway (as part
of his job in one of the sites in the world with more users of the
software), and to keep the packages up to date with respect to upstream
releases and in good state.  I know that other people install these
packages from Debian, maybe some even choose Debian because of those
packages being there.

In short, I believe that it will be a benefit for Debian if Héctor has
more powers for autonomous uploads.  I am sure that he will also be a
good maintainer if he decides to take responsibility for other packages.

Cheers.
- --
Manuel