Re: DM application of Maarten Lankhorst

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:47:51AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Aníbal Monsalve Salazar (2013-07-16):
> > On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 09:46:15AM +0200, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> > > Currently, I co-maintain the packages related to X11.  xf86-video-*
> > > xf86-input-*, mesa, xorg-server, xserver-xorg-*, xorg, x11proto,
> > > libdrm and wayland.
> >
> > The webpages below list no packages under your name.
> >
> > http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=maarten.lankhorst@canonical.com
>
> Because adding to Uploaders anyone having ever had worked on this or that
> X package isn't something we do, that's why the above-mentioned packages
> aren't showing up with Maarten as a maintainer.
>
> As for sponsored uploads, they might not appear because the sponsor usually
> finalizes the changelog with "dch -r" and git commit before uploading.
>
> See Julien's mail about his being happy with Maarten's package preparation.

Okay. That's good enough for me.

> > Your advocates note you upload packages to the Ubuntu archive. Please
> > reply with web addresses of Ubuntu packages uploaded by you. I would
> > like to download a source package prepared by you and have a look at it.
> > Maybe other DDs may want to do the same to check your packaging skills.
>
> Well, we (X guys) already sponsored his packages to the Debian archive
> (Julien's mail again), so we should already be good to go?

Yep. Thank you for your message.

There is another team (I cannot remember just now) with a similar
workflow where team members preapare a package and one of them does the
"dch -r" and uploads the package. This isn't known outside the team.
Maybe this workflow should be mentioned in the advocacy.