Re: DM application of Prach Pongpanich

On 05/23/2013 08:45 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 05/21/2013 05:34 PM, Vincent Cheng wrote:
>> In Icedove, when you open up a new window to compose a message, you
>> should see an OpenPGP drop-down menu whereever your toolbar is (should
>> be along the top of your screen). Click it, and select "Use PGP/MIME
>> for this message" (as well as "Sign message").
>
> Thanks, but I know. The issue wasn't that. It was Icedove being used
> with the HTML composer, then it does the GPG signature, then convert to
> text (or something like that). If you have a line which is longer than
> 74 chars, it gets wrapped, and then the signature is broken.

actually, it was a combination of both.  if you had been using PGP/MIME,
the signature would not have failed; and if you had been composing in
text mode, it would not have failed.

So the problem was from a particular intersection of configuration

fwiw, in the experimental versions of enigmail in debian, we have
switched to PGP/MIME by default. (http://bugs.debian.org/698084)

thanks for taking the time to sort this through, Thomas!

Regards,

	--dkg