Re: Advocacy for Jari Aalto

On 05/23/2013 06:32 PM, Arno Töll wrote:
> We do disagree that this should happen in a NMU.

I think that ownership of packages in Debian is too strong, and that we
should have a more liberal approach to NMU.

When proposing his NMU on my packages, Jari asked if it was ok, and then
I simply applied his patches, and it was fine.

If I didn't reply, then in my view, it's perfectly fine to do a (15 days
delayed) upload for getting rid of dpatch. Opposing to it is opposing to
progress, IMHO.

Thomas