Advocacy for Jari Aalto

Hello,

I advocate Jari Aalto to become uploading DD.
Advocacy text:

Indeed, Jari has been very helpful. He sent me patches to move away from
dpatch to the new 3.0 (quilt) format, which I had no time to work out
myself. This was very helpful.

He also helped me with the packaging of yum (as it is often asked: no,
yum isn't a replacement of apt in Debian, it is just very useful to
setup some RPM based distro in a chroot). He worked out the upload of
version 3.4.3-1 into Debian experimental, and managed to find the reason
why I was stuck with it (eg: a bug upstream which was fixed only on the
upstream Git, not on the released version, if I remember well).

Also, I have noticed that Jari maintains an impressive number of
packages (87 on his QA page). None of them have open RC bugs. That is to
me, a proof that he is capable of doing the work. Also, I don't think it
is reasonable to not grant upload rights to someone who maintains that
many packages in Debian.

For the above reasons, I think Jari would be a very valuable asset in
Debian, and that he should be made DD.

Cheers,

Thomas

Thomas Goirand (via nm.debian.org)