Re: DM application of Tom Marble

Tom Marble dijo [Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 09:26:06AM -0600]:
> All:
>
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer [0].
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> I have collaborated with the Java Packaging Team for years
> and, finally, am working on updating the versions of JRuby
> and OpenRocket (and their dependencies).
>
> My GnuPG 0x40BFEE868B055D9A is signed by many Debian Developers.
> In fact I think it's possible that I may have the DM application
> with lowest MSD (1.717 as of DebConf12 [0]).
>
> I am thrilled to become a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

I'll also join to Holger's answer: I cannot speak for Tom technically,
but I do know he is long-term interested and committed to Debian, have
seen him several times at DebConf. I know he has mentored Debian
projects for the GSoC, given some interesting Java-related talks (and
having something "interesting" and "Java-related" at the same time is
almost a NOOP for me!)

So, Tom, I'm not signing this mail (as it should not be seen as a
formal endorsement, as I don't know your job technically). But I hope
your passage as a DM is short, and you soon become a DD :)