Re: DM application of Sr.Arcos

[CCing you since I'm not sure if you are subscribed, apologies for any
duplicates]

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:11 PM, jose antonio wrote:

> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I am currently looking for a package in which I can help. Preferably in C++.
> Even to aid to document the source code. I want to help and I do not care in
> what package. I have reviewed the list of packages that need help but I can
> not decide for one.

The DM status is meant for people who are already maintaining packages
in Debian through a sponsor:

http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer
http://wiki.debian.org/SponsoredMaintainer
http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

I would encourage you to get involved in the team responsible for the
development of apt, since that is one of the core tools that is
written in C++.

Unfortunately wnpp-alert doesn't yet know how to filter using debtags,
but you could feed its output to 'apt-cache show' in order to find
packages needing help that have a "implemented-in::c++" debtag.

> So I would appreciate it if someone really needs my two hands, even for the
> dirty work, please send me a url where to download the source code and a
> brief explanation of what it is needed. And among all those who send me a
> request, I will choose an application to begin my contribution to this great
> OS.

At this point in time (during the release freeze), the best use of
your time would be to help fix RC bugs, this mail contains some good
hints for that:

> For this reason my GnuPG key is still unsigned by no Debian Developer. My
> GnuPG key is 2329D273 and is on subkeys.pgp.net.

Please check the keysigning offers for your area and if there are no
Debian members in your area, please add yourself to the list of people
needing keysigning.

http://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning/Offers
http://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning/Need

--