Re: RFC: Why are so many debian packages outdated?

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:52:41 +0200
Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 08:24 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Look at the list of RC bugs and see if you can come up with anything
> > useful about the problem. There are enough of them, everyone should be
> > able to do something about some of them.
>
> OK, I'll try to help with Wheezy. Where can I find the complete list of
> RC bugs?

Thanks!
:-)

$ rc-alert
(tells you about RC bugs in packages you actually have installed and
which, therefore you may care about / want fixed / be able to check if
the bug still exists). Part of the devscripts package.

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

http://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi

http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals

http://wiki.debian.org/HowtoUseBTS

http://wiki.debian.org/DropProblemPackages

http://qa.debian.org/

http://wiki.debian.org/BSP/BeginnersHOWTO

I'm sure there are plenty of other resources.

Maybe arrange a BSP yourself? (or encourage someone near you to arrange
it.)

Join #debian-bugs on IRC, maybe mentors.debian.net & associated list &
IRC channel if you're not familiar with changing packages - but fixing
RC bugs doesn't have to involve anything except interacting with the
BTS. Don't forget that leaf packages with no reverse dependencies can be
removed if that is the most appropriate way to deal with the RC bug
and asking for removal is an action on the BTS, not the package.

http://wiki.debian.org/ftpmaster_Removals

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#archive-manip

http://qa.debian.org/howto-remove.html

--