Re: Help with nm.debian.org icons

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 05:56:48PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

> Finally, let's not have contest, but let's just get something done. This
> list is fine for a little coordination, and I don't think the goal
> justifies setting up wikis or titanpads.

Valessio offered to help, I'm reposting it with his permission.

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 05:59:06PM -0300, ValessioBrito wrote:

> I think we can use simple icons of an open project.
>
> if you need to draw some specific, I can start it by following the
> same proposal to be something simple and futuristic (flat icons).
>
> see: http://thenounproject.com/

Thanks! That looks like a good resource. I don't know if they cover all
the NM cases, but I spotted a few, such as[1], which we can use. Would
they easily scale down to small sizes?

In terms of style, as an Italian, futurism in something that deals with
people sounds wrong. But I would use it yet as an argument to turn down
those icons, especially because I have not seen them in context.

Should I prepare a static html page with (broken) links to icons, that
one can use as a mockup?

[1] http://thenounproject.com/noun/handshake/#icon-No904

Ciao,

Enrico