Re: Advocating Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans@eds.org>

On 01/16/2012 04:38 PM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> me too! I cannot say much about his technical skills, as I only had the
> pleasure to work with him on real life problems during DebConf10, but from
> that I can say that I wholeheartly recommend him as a Debian Developer. If he
> can transfer his RL skills to Debian land, which I'm quite sure he can (as he
> has shown...), he will be a wonderful developer to work with, so,

I'm also happy to re-state what i said during Hans' DM application:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2011/03/msg00002.html

------------

I have not done debian packaging work with Hans (i don't do much in the
way of multimedia), but i have collaborated with Hans as part of DC10
organizing, and as part of other debian-related events (bug-squashing
parties, novice nights, workshops) in NYC.  I'm happy with his social
and technical contributions to this organizing.

Hans has done good work, is clearly committed to the principles of the
project, is a friendly and welcoming presence to newcomers, and is
generally helpful and level-headed.

Regards,

	--dkg