Re: Question about gpg key.

* Boris Pek <Tehnick-8@yandex.ru>, 2012-01-11, 21:56:
If I were to be your sponsor, I could do everything without you even having a GPG key.
Hmm, it looks like a very unusual way of maintaining packages. Sponsored maintainers usually use mentors.debian.net and they must sign their packages before upload.

That's an implementation detail of mentors.d.n that sponsors don't really need to care about. :)

Besides, uploading to mentors.d.n is not the only (and likely not even the predominant one) way to share your work with a sponsor. For many teams[0], the preferred way of code exchange is a VCS.

[0] Where "team" can mean a "big" packaging team as well as a mentoree+sponsor tandem.

--
Jakub Wilk