Re: Question about gpg key.

Hi,

On Jan 10, 2012, at 10:52 PM, Boris Pek wrote:

It seems that this key is not satisfy the requirements from message [2].

Correct. All new keys have to be 4096 bit RSA. 1024 bit keys are being
phased out and no longer accepted for new maintainers.

But I use it since 2009 in many places. For example, in Debian and Launchpad.

It will make a lot of head pain to update my key everywhere…

Everyone in Debian will have to go through that sooner or later, so
no exemptions :).

What should be my next steps? Should I notify somewhere in Debian about new key
or just sign my packages by this key in the next uploads?

Naturally, your key will have to be uploaded to a public key server. See this
wiki page for more [1].

Get your key signed by other Debian developers if you want to become a Debian
Developer at some point. See this list to find someone in your area to sign it [2].

Follow the instructions in [3] to get your new key into the Debian keyring.

Regards,

Adrian

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning/Offers