Re: Advocating Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr> as Debian Developer

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 20:25:40 +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:

> Auth-Key: nmauthb7bf07cb79d6b73ec94479d1f0ccc3cf
> Applicant: Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).
>
> You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into account
> but you're not limited to answering these:
>  - How have they contributed to Debian already?
>  - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?
>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?

I'm hereby advocating Dominique Dumont (domi.dumont@free.fr, key id
49AB2B6C) as a Debian Developer.

Dominique is a member of the Debian Perl Team since December 2008,
and is at the time of writing (co-)maintaining ~15 packages. I've
closely worked together with him, and uploaded many of them; other
members of the pkg-perl group have also worked with him and can add
their experiences.

For some of the packages Dominique maintains he is also upstream; I'm
mentioning this not because they are his pet projects but on the
contrary they are valuable contributions to Debian as a whole where
he is constantly investing time to improve them (keywords
"Config::Model", package upgrades, DEP5 parser, ...).

I believe that Dominique has the technical abilities to be a DD. He's
an experienced developer and has in his time in the perl group gained
enough pratice to upload packages on his own.

It's a pleasure to work with Dominique, he's always open for
suggestions, eager to learn more and improve, and help others. - And
I also enjoy spending time with him in real life :)

I'm convinced that Dominique shares the values of the Debian project,
and that he's ready to become a full member of our project.

[Formal note: This advocation is really for DD and not for DM; since
the DM concept doesn't work in its current way for packaging teams we
are not using it in the pkg-perl group.]

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4