Re: Advocating Bertagaz <bertagaz@ptitcanardnoir.org>

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 14:14:04 +0000, NM Front Desk <recommend@nm.debian.org> wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauthe096c775bb3d5f03495a1aa5e58c938a
> Applicant: Bertagaz  <bertagaz@ptitcanardnoir.org>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

Hello,

I'm very pleased to write an advocation for Bertagaz to be a
Debian Developer!

Bertagaz is not only committed to the principles of the Debian
project, but has also been a solid, active contributor on a
technical level for some time.

I've had the pleasure of working with Bertagaz on a number of
Debian and non-Debian related projects over the years (I dont
even remember how long, at least since 2006, probably even
earlier) and my interactions have always been positive. Bertagaz
has always brought a contribution commitment to these projects
that is notable in thoughtful consideration, quality attention to
detail and being a pleasure to work with.

Bertagaz has placed special focus on privacy enhancing,
cryptographic, anonyminity tools, and various hardening efforts.
Its not just packaging 'libapache2-mod-removeip', 'pycryptopp',
'tahoe-lafs', and 'zfec' (and just reported ITP on 'convergence')
but also working on other broader efforts, such as tor-related
projects (one of the core developers of the Debian derived
distribution Tails), the freedombox, and testing and filing bugs
for hardening related enhancements in various packages in Debian.

Bertagaz builds quality packages, and maintains them well. Its
not just Bertagaz's packages that careful care is taken, Bertagaz
has also helped Lucas Nusbaumm with archive rebuilds and
tracking/reporting FTBFS bugs and maintaining very positive
relationships with upstreams, keeping them part of the
conversation, and also contributing back (for example, the
tahoe-lafs man pages and initscripts are to be incorporated
upstream).

With all that said, I am sure that Debian would be a better place
with Bertagaz as a Debian Developer and am happy to be able to
provide an advocate for this process!

Micah