Re: Advocating Michael Dorrington <michael.dorrington@gmail.com>

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 11:01:07AM +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:
>Auth-Key: nmauth05264fbdcb39f6ac96d6a8da6484b148
>Applicant: Michael Dorrington <michael.dorrington@gmail.com>
>
>Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).
>
>You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into account
>but you're not limited to answering these:
> - How have they contributed to Debian already?
> - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?
> - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?

Michael is keen to join Debian. He has been involved on a number of
fronts already: volunteering at DC6 and DC7, organising a BSP and
meetings in Manchester (e.g. http://wiki.debian.org/BSP2010/Manchester),
and helping with bugs in the Hurd and kfreebsd ports. He wants to get
more involved in code and packaging and is registered on alioth.

He's easy to get on with, thoroughly pleasant and helpful in my
experience. I think he would be an asset as a DD.

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/