Re: DM application of Hsin-Yi Chen

"HsinYI Chen (hychen)" <ossug.hychen@gmail.com> writes:

> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the package python-ucltip(I am the upstream
> author[1]) and sponsored by
> Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) <paulliu@debian.org>.
>
> My GnuPG key 28F60193 is signed by the Debian Developer Kan-Ru Chen
> (陳侃如) <koster@debian.org>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.
>
> [1]: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ucltip/
>
> Best regards,
> Hsin Yi Chen
>
> More about me: http://about.me/hychen

I believe that Hsin-Yi Chen has the technical skills needed to maintain
Debian packages. He is a very good python developer that writes clean
and elegant code. He understands how to create proper python Debian
packages and has shared about this topic in various local tech talk.

He is not only focused on python programming but also has enthusiasm on
i18n/l10n related issues, for example he has dealt a variety of ibus
bugs and LightDM design flaws. He is also a good communicator with the
upstreams.

I support his application to become a Debian maintainer because he can
handle his packages well.

--
Kanru