Re: DM application of Hsin-Yi Chen

(2011年06月16日 16:10), HsinYI Chen (hychen) wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the package python-ucltip(I am the upstream
> author[1]) and sponsored by
> Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) <paulliu@debian.org>.
>
> My GnuPG key 28F60193 is signed by the Debian Developer Kan-Ru Chen
> (sƒ‚) <koster@debian.org>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.
>
> [1]: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ucltip/
>
> Best regards,
> Hsin Yi Chen
>
> More about me: http://about.me/hychen

[re-sent for 0x34a26946 key]

Dear all,

I think hychen has good ability to do Debian packages. Especially python
packages. While working together with him on python-ucltip package, I
found he is not only a good python developer, but also a good packager
to make proper python Debian packages. He creates some scripts to help
him maintain and create his packages [1]. Also while sponsoring, his
package always looks good. Not only passes the lintian test but also
having clean builds on pbuilder and runs properly.

Besides, he triages several bugs on ibus and other packages.

Thus I support his application to become a Debian maintainer because he
can handle his packages well.

Regards,
Paul

[1] https://github.com/hychen/dh-make-python