Re: DM application of Arno Töll

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 05:13:18PM +0200, Arno Töll wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer [1].
>
> I have read and understood the Social Contract and the Debian Free
> Software Guidelines. I already agreed to the Debian Machine Usage Policy
> for my guest account, but I will do publicly once again and confirm to
> agree with all of those documents.

Since I've never uploaded a package Arno prepared, I'm sure he needs
more advocations than this. Nevertheless, let me point out that I have
met him in person (as my signature on his key suggests ;)) and found him
a reasonable and friendly person. He did a good job at the LinuxTag
event and advised guests not only properly but also with great interest
and knowledge. The past few weeks after that event, I had the chance of
working with him loosely in a way that I wrote some code and he
explained to me why it actually worked. :-P

Long story short, I can't say much about his involvement in Debian
long-term, but what I see right now is a talented young man, eager to
put up with problems, and very much knowing what he does. If you ask me,
find another one who's seen a few uploads of him and go for it.

Arno, you should consider applying for NM whenever you feel ready.

Hauke

--
 .''`.   Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org>               www.jhr-online.de
: :'  :  Debian Developer                                 www.debian.org