Re: DM application of Arno Töll

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 05:13:18PM +0200, Arno Töll wrote:

Hi,

> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer [1].
>
> I have read and understood the Social Contract and the Debian Free
> Software Guidelines. I already agreed to the Debian Machine Usage Policy
> for my guest account, but I will do publicly once again and confirm to
> agree with all of those documents.
>
> Currently, I maintain the packages [2]:
>
> * trafficserver - a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant
> caching proxy server
> * xnbd - Network Block Device server with support for live migration
>
> and I co‐maintain the packages
>
> * lighttpd - Fast webserver with minimal memory footprint
>
> My GnuPG key 0x9D80F36D [3] [...]
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer and of course a Developer
> in future. Thanks for your attention.

I've reviewed and uploaded the xnbd package for Arno. Beside a very minor
cosmetic issue he got the packaging right, so I'm sure he's capable of
maintaining this one. Additionally I've followed some of Arno's very complete
reviews on -mentors, where he demonstrated a great knowledge of the policy
and some current best practise in packaging.

So herby I support Arno's application as a DM and I would like to encourage
him to start NM as soon as he feels confident.

Cheers,
Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.