Re: DM application of Christian Kastner

On Mon, 2011-05-09 at 14:27 +0200, Christian Kastner wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
[...]

The packages I sponsor for Christian Kastner are machine learning
related software - an emerging important field.

Personally, I can only highly recommend Christian Kastner. He has very
good communication skills and all of his packages that I sponsored
(liblinear, libmpikmeans, libocas) very incredibly solid work (with very
little or no comments necessary). In particular, he communicates with
upstream providing patches and seeking solutions that benefit all.

To conclude I strongly support Christians DM application - I expect him
to be very valuable in supporting the debian science  / machine learning
community.

Soeren
--
For the one fact about the future of which we can be certain is that it
will be utterly fantastic. -- Arthur C. Clarke, 1962