Re: When to update public key?

On 05/07/2011 10:42 AM, Andres Mejia wrote:
> Thank you. I did have some concern that my NM application would be
> rejected because of my old key. It is a 1024 bit key and it's only
> signed by a single person. I saw that someone else had his application
> rejected for what looks to be a reason which is similar to my
> situation. See [1]. My new key however is 4096 bits and signed by
> several people to include one DD. I had trouble convincing these same
> people to sign my old key.

I don't see why the NM would stop for such a reason, as you are identified
already, however, you might run into trouble to have your 1024 bits key
uploaded to the keyring. I would suggest you to get your new 4096 bits
key signed by more DD if possible, so when you finish the NM process,
you at least have a solution.

Thomas