Re: Outdated DM listing in dm_list.html.

Dear Stefano Z., all DD, and all official DM,

tisdag den 26 oktober 2010 klockan 06:11 skrev Stefano Zacchiroli detta:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 09:03:35AM +0200, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> > updated. It would be a good sign of benevolence
> > towards all DM to keep the page up to date. The
> > present page dates back to January 8th, 2009,
> > i.e., close to 21 months ago.
>
> In fact, that page didn't even exist 18 months ago :-), it's been
> created around May 2010 if I'm not mistaken. The date you're referring
> to is probably related to the "frame" in which the data is actually
> shown and does not reflect the latest rebuild time of the page.
>
> I agree that it would be nice to have an explicit note of when the data
> has been generated though, to avoid that people *think* the data is
> outdated. If you want to help out with that, you can propose a patch
> against the code in that direction; code is available at:
> http://git.debian.org/?p=nm/nm.git;a=summary

The date is now correctly set, but the content is still lagging behind,
given that the intention seemingly is to list __Debian Maintainers__.

Admitting that I am waiting to see my own name appear there, I have been
searching in different resources to locate any changes. It was only by
visiting

   http://ftp-master.debian.org/dm-uploaders.html

that I could beyond any doubt register that I with all probability could
carry the badge DM. Having seen the pending bug report disappear from
"debian-maintainers" some two months ago, never leading anywhere, it was
only by locating

   http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2010/10/msg00055.html

this morning that I know for sure when a registration could have been
possible. Since then a month and a half have gone, still neither the
companions at that time, nor the more resent DM of November are visible at

   http://nm.debian.org/dm_list.html

I maintain my original view point that this latter page is severely out of date.
Likewise, I still think that accepted DM:s deserve to be mentioned there.
Being incognito or unofficial to the general public gives an inferior impression.

For some time now I have been living with the serious thought lapse, that
the weekly "NM Report for Week Ending ..." at "debian-newmaint" would include
also acceptance reports of new Debian Maintainers, but I have now been proven
wrong in this naive belief.

Best regards,

Mats Erik Andersson, presently DMi (Debian Maintainer incognito)