Re: Advocating Jonathan Yu <jawnsy@cpan.org>

Sorry. Now signed with my key.

On 17:51 Mon 20 Sep     , Xavier Oswald wrote:
> On 13:44 Sat 18 Sep     , NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauth1dae7c3e3bf069409dd1a372cb984e91
> Applicant: Jonathan Yu <jawnsy@cpan.org>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

I know Jonathan Yu through the perl team and have sponsored him some packages.
He is a very active member an co-maintaining already around 500 perl modules[1].

It has always be nice to speak with him and exchange constructive ideas.

He is planning to work only on perl modules in the future but I hope when being a
DD, he will try to be involved more in other parts of Debian.

Jonathan has been accepted to have the DM status and is waiting for having his
key in the debian keyring.

Even if he is not a DM, I think Jonathan already made the proof of his skills
and involvment for Debian. Im sure he will be an exellent applicant and will
have the DD status as soon as possible.

Im doing this advocation with my DD hat but you can see it more or less as the
whole perl team behind this advocation.

[1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=jawnsy@cpan.org

Greetings,
--