Re: Debian Maintainer Application for Michael Gilbert

In gmane.linux.debian.devel.new-maintainer, you wrote:

><URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian
> Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> I currently maintain the xpdf package.  I also co-maintain the yui-compressor,
> webkit, alien-arena, alien-arena-data, and fglrx-driver packages.  I have also
> prepared a few stable security updates: python, libtool, and libtheora.
>
> My GnuPG key 0F0F4FFA is currently signed by two Debian Developers: Moritz
> Muehlenhoff and Sean Finney.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thank you for your attention.

I recommend Michael Gilbert as a Debian Maintainer. He's been contributing to
security work for at least a year now, being active all over the place from
the security tracker, to preparing updated packages up to working on the
security tracker code base.

It's nice to see people starting to contribute by working on core stuff
instead of packaging yet another fringe editor, window manager or webserver.

Cheers,
        Moritz