Re: Debian Maintainer Application for Michael Gilbert

On 08/16/2010 02:01 AM, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian
> Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> I currently maintain the xpdf package.  I also co-maintain the yui-compressor,
> webkit, alien-arena, alien-arena-data, and fglrx-driver packages.  I have also
> prepared a few stable security updates: python, libtool, and libtheora.
>
> My GnuPG key 0F0F4FFA is currently signed by two Debian Developers: Moritz
> Muehlenhoff and Sean Finney.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thank you for your attention.

I can't advocate Michael because I sponsored too few packages, but I'd
like to mention that Michael does a great job in the testing secure team
(tracker, bug report, preparing updated packages, etc.).
He also started to do some work on dkms, and he committed some nice and
important patches.

Cheers,
Giuseppe.