Re: Advocating Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 07:00:48AM +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmautha4459c0d9c8eecec0cb21cb00288327d
> Applicant: Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).
>
> You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into account
> but you're not limited to answering these:
>  - How have they contributed to Debian already?

quality assurance (reporting bugs, checking for problems in FAI).

adrian is responsible for a large-scale debian deployment in the Freie
Universitaet Berlin Physics department, so he has plenty of experience with
maintaining debian packages (most of them not uploadable to debian due to
their non-DFSG-ness) and backports of debian packages for local usage.

>  - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?

package maintainance, quality assurance.

>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?

very open for problem reports, and usually fast in solving these problems. he
is one of the founders of the linux-minidisc project. in this team, he comes
up with a lot of good ideas and implements them together with the other team
members.
shortly speaking: I think debian can profit quite a lot from letting him
join.

--
c u
henning