AM report for Marcelo Vieira <metal@alucinados.com>

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Marcelo
   Middle name:     Jorge
   Last name:       Vieira
   Key fingerprint: 6CF8 0024 5A12 B06D 9883  3B62 6445 1521 809D E012
   Account:         metal
   Forward email:   metal@alucinados.com

   ID check passed, key signed by at least 2 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:

   Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
   Receiving and checking key
   pub   1024D/809DE012 2005-07-15 [expires: 2010-03-30]
         Key fingerprint = 6CF8 0024 5A12 B06D 9883  3B62 6445 1521 809D E012
   uid                  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!         268A084D 2008-04-23  Pablo Lorenzzoni (Spectra) <spectra@debian.org>
   sig!         90E5CA46 2008-04-29  Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <faw@debian.org>
   sig!3        809DE012 2007-07-18  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2009-01-29  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2005-07-15  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2009-02-10  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2009-04-23  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2009-12-25  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   uid                  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alfaiati.net>
   sig!3        809DE012 2009-01-30  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2009-12-25  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   uid                  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@minaslivre.org>
   uid                  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <marcelometal@gmail.com>
   uid       [ revoked] Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <marcelo.vieira@minc.gov.br>
   rev!         809DE012 2009-01-29  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2007-07-18  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2005-07-15  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   uid                  [jpeg image of size 3525]
   sig!3        809DE012 2009-01-29  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2008-01-24  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2008-01-24  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2009-12-25  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   uid                  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@holoscopio.com>
   sig!3        809DE012 2009-12-25  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sub   2048g/2DB05048 2005-07-15 [expires: 2010-03-30]
   sig!         809DE012 2005-07-15  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>
   sig!         809DE012 2009-12-25  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@alucinados.com>

   Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
   Check for key expire stuff
   Valid "e" flag on key 0x64451521809DE012, expires Tue 30 Mar 2010 05:00:00 CEST, OK!
   Valid "s" flag on key 0x64451521809DE012, expires Tue 30 Mar 2010 05:00:00 CEST, OK!

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

   My name is Marcelo Jorge Vieira (a.k.a. metal), I'm 26 years old
   (born in November 1981). I'm from Brazil and I live in Belo Horizonte[0],
   Minas Gerais. In the middle of this year, I'll be majoring in
   Computer Science at the UNI-BH [1].

   My first contact with GNU/Linux was in 1997, when I had the interest to learn
   about IRCD's. My first distribution was old Conectiva Red Hat Linux Marumbi,
   current Mandriva.

   I started to use Debian in 2002, when GNOME 2.0 was released. Initially,
   I spent 3 days compiling all tarballs, because there were no Conectiva
   packages. My friend Agney (which, at the time, wasn't DD) showed me Debian.
   He installed GNOME 2.0 using Gustavo Noronha's (kov) repository and, in a few
   minutes, he accomplished what I was trying for days. He also told me about the
   Social Contract, the Voting System (leader, proposals) and at that moment,
   I wanted to change distribution. Today, I mantain some packages[2] and wish
   to contribute more...

   I always talk to people about the Debian Project… Today my mother and
   my grandmother are using Debian. Good examples begin at home =D

   My goals in Debian are:

     * keep on maintaining the packages that I have in Debian;
     * help sponsor packages;
     * help debian-l10n-portuguese;
     * more things that I will find with time.

   Outside the Debian world, I have other free projects [3] and I manage
   two blogs (both in portuguese), the Metaldot [4], where I discuss technology,
   programming, etc and the "Alma Alucinada" [5] where I write poetries/poems.
   Also I'm an amateur photographer [6].

   [0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belo_horizonte
   [1] http://www.unibh.br/
   [2] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=metal@alucinados.com
   [3] http://www.ohloh.net/accounts/7598
   [4] http://metaldot.alucinados.com/
   [5] http://metal.alucinados.com/
   [6] http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcelometal/

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Marcelo has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures and
   answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS, etc. in a
   good way. Marcelo committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his Debian work and
   accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Marcelo has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Marcelo is maintainer and comaintainer of several PHP and JavaScript
   packages, most of which he now uploads himself as DM.
   All packages are in good shape.
   Marcelo also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Marcelo as a Debian Developer.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>