Re: Proposal: have NM and DM sign a package maintainer pledge

On 21/09/09 at 15:19 +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> |                                                   In particular, I will
> | work together with the release team
>
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>
> > I think this is quite sensible.
>
> I didn't.
>
> Just you wait until the ftp team, the bugs team, the qa team and the
> debian sysadmins also want people to sign pledges.

Yeah! more bureaucracy! :)

I agree with the need of defining what being a responsible Debian
Developer encompasses. And it's probably also needed for DM. But I'm
really not sure about asking people to *sign* that. Having it clearly
documented somewhere (dev-ref? debian-newmaint?) would probably be
enough.