Re: Frédéric-Emmanuel Picca DM application

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:54:54PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>
> > 1 package co-maintained (with 23 insts in popcon, last upload over a
> > year ago), 1 package in NEW, 1 ITA. I'm all for making it easier for
> > people to contribute to Debian, but are you sure that you are not
> > setting the bar a bit too low here?
>
> I share your concerns, in that there are people with very little Debian
> experience being advocated into the NM process and then it's up to AMs
> and FDs and DAMs to sort out the mess and possibly get the blame for a
> reject.

We're speaking of DM here currently. The request might be a bit early
but I think gaining DM status to maintain only 2-3 packages is certainly
OK (provided they are well-maintained and that the maintainer commits to
do its maintenance job according to our standards).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog