Re: Frédéric-Emmanuel Picca DM application

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:54:54PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> 1 package co-maintained (with 23 insts in popcon, last upload over a
> year ago), 1 package in NEW, 1 ITA. I'm all for making it easier for
> people to contribute to Debian, but are you sure that you are not
> setting the bar a bit too low here?

I share your concerns, in that there are people with very little Debian
experience being advocated into the NM process and then it's up to AMs
and FDs and DAMs to sort out the mess and possibly get the blame for a
reject.

However, I have found that it is not enough to form an impression of
someone by looking at the DDPO page. The advocation message often has
more details, and if not, the advocate can be asked to provide more
information about what is there besides the DDPO page that makes them
think the applicant is ready to have a Debian account.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>