Re: Support of Debian Maintainer application

* Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [090418 14:58]:

> I'd really like to supoprt Mathieu's intent to become a DM.
> n his work in the Debian Med team he has proven his understanding
> about Free Software principles on one hand and a deep insight
> into technical details of medical imaging software.  Thus he
> did a really good job in moving Debian Med forward in the
> field of medical imaging and it would be really great to enable
> Mathieu uploading packages himself.
>
> Kind regards
>
>       Andreas.

I would also like to welcome Mathieu Malaterre as an official DM.
Mathieu is a person with considerable experience and deep
knowledge in the field of medical imaging. As the upstream
maintainer of the GDCM package (a C++ library for dealing with
DICOM medical files) he has already demonstrated extraordinary
programming skills.
I do know Mathieu not only from his excellent contributions to
Debian Med, where he has proven his ability to work in a team,
but also from his sound postings to the comp.protocols.dicom
newsgroup, where he is a well respected regular in the worldwide
DICOM community.
I am convinced that Debian will definitely benefit from his
contributions to the project.

Best regards - Juergen

--
GPG A997BA7A | 87FC DA31 5F00 C885 0DC3  E28F BD0D 4B33 A997 BA7A