Re: Why 0 new developer? (Re: NM Report for Week Ending 15 Mar 2009)

Hi Enrico,

 thanks for reply.

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:41:20 +0000
Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> wrote:
> Accounts are created in batch.  For this reason, you will see a lot of
> reports with "0 applicants became maintainers" and sometimes you will
> see a report with a lot of applicants becoming maintainers.

 Okay, how long as batch works?
 Is it heavy process? If not, that batch should work more frequently
 to reduce time to people who wait to become DDs.
 If it is so heavy process and needs much time, we should about how
 to improve it.

> As a consequence, if you read reports it always looks like noone is
> becoming a maintainer.
>
> Maybe we should say "it has been XX days since NN applicants became
> maintainers".  Or maybe we should list more details, like number of
> people assigned to AMs and not on hold, number of people waiting for FD
> approval, number of people waiting for account creation.

 That's good to say such thing for people who interests Debian's
 process (as a part of public relation works :-).

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/iijmio-mail.jp
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane