Re: Debian Membership

IANADD.

Hi Martin,

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 03:10:38PM +0000, Martin Meredith wrote:
> My suggestion to add to the NM process would be something along similar lines.
> We currently have a NM council, Front Desk, etc etc. I would think that it would
> be nice if we could add in a process where someone could get "hand waved"
> through NM based on a majority vote from an approved set of people (say FD, NM
> team, or something similar)

Would you consider this addition to the NM process to apply for "other
contributors" as well? I'm thinking about the translators who contribute
a lot but don't go through NM because they don't want to deal with e.g.
library packaging just to get the right of vote in a project that they
extensively contribute to but just in a different way than most of the
others. I'm asking because IIRC this is one of (or THE one) the special
cases where a "membership without upload rights" (or whatever it's
called) came up in the pre-lenny discussions. If they could get "hand
waved" through NM we could abstain from a special group of "members w/o
upload rights but w/ vote rights", couldn't we?

Hauke