Re: DM application for Xavier Oswald

Hi,

As Xavier said, I recommend him as a DM (and invite him to push
harder, as I'd like to see him become a DD later on, of course).

Xavier is an active member of the pkg-perl group (I'm Cc:ing this
message to our list, in case somebody wants to add or correct
something I say). He has prepared several packages, mostly regarding
authentication schemes in Perl (not all of them are listed in his QA
page [1] due to an internal reorganization decision [2] that we ended
up reverting in the pkg-perl group - Sorry, Xavier!). Basically, all
of the Authen::Simple modules are his. His packages are well
maintained - I recognize parted might be a hard package.

Looking a bit into his activities, he has been active in Debian for at
least two years - He was involved into an alternate partitioning tool
for d-i [3], although the project is mostly stalled (he was working on
this with svenl). Still, I see he is co-maintaining parted, so there
is indication of continuing interest.

He is one of the founders of the Debian France non-profit [4].

So, once again, I fully recommend him.

Greetings,

[1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=x.oswald@free.fr&comaint=yes

[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2008/01/msg00156.html