Re: DM application for Adam Cécile (Le_Vert)

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> writes:

> Regarding the example of #443702 (fuse-source's NMU), there are many
> examples of DDs not replying positively to NMUs, so it doesn't seem fair
> to reject DM/DD based on this. A recent example is #459193, where
> Aurélien Gérôme (currently waiting for DAM approval) didn't answered
> very welcomly to an NMU I sponsored.

(Note: I have not researched the above reference and have no idea of
Lucas's evaluation of the situation is correct.  This is just a general
point.)

While it's not horribly fair to single out Adam here, accepting NMUs
gracefully is part of working with Debian packages and should be standard
behavior for all packagers, whether they're prospective DMs or long-time
DDs.  Hence, only the singling-out, not the actual complaint, is possibly
unfair, and I still think that this should weigh against someone in any
evaluation process (but not conclusively; everyone has a bad reaction to
something occasionally).

It's a long-standing problem in Debian that some established DDs engage in
behavior that we would reject in a DD or DM applicant.  That doesn't mean
that behavior is actually acceptable, just that we don't have a good way
of enforcing those policies with DDs.