AM report for "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>

Hello,

Report for new developer applicant:

   "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

Key ID: 0x2E039402, signed by at least 4 Debian developers.
Keycheck results:

   Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
   Receiving and checking key
   pub   1024D/345E3A85 2007-02-21 [expires: 2012-02-20]
         Key fingerprint = 745C E340 3D37 8313 12F3  A98F A247 04D5 345E 3A85
   uid                  Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
   sig!         29982E5A 2008-01-25  Steve Langasek <vorlon@dodds.net>
   sig!         2D9ACC8E 2008-01-28  Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>
   sig!         B345BDD3 2008-07-18  Neil McGovern <maulkin@halon.org.uk>
   sig!3        88C7C1F7 2008-01-25  Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
   sig!3        345E3A85 2007-08-19  Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
   sig!3        345E3A85 2007-02-21  Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
   uid                  Adam D. Barratt <adam@funky-badger.org>
   uid                  Adam D. Barratt (Debian) <debian-bts@adam-barratt.org.uk>
   sig!         29982E5A 2008-01-25  Steve Langasek <vorlon@dodds.net>
   sig!         2D9ACC8E 2008-01-28  Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>
   sig!         B345BDD3 2008-07-18  Neil McGovern <maulkin@halon.org.uk>
   sig!3        88C7C1F7 2008-01-25  Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
   sig!3        345E3A85 2007-08-19  Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
   sig!3        345E3A85 2007-02-21  Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
   sub   2048g/382E67C2 2007-02-21 [expires: 2012-02-20]
   sig!         345E3A85 2007-02-21  Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>

   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has an expiration date of 2012-02-20.

Applicant background:

   I'm a 29 year old software developer and sysadmin working for a small
   bespoke software development company based in Runnymede, England (near
   Windsor and home of the Magna Carta).

   I've been interested in computers in general and programming in
   particular since my parents bought a BBC Micro when I was nine, and
   since then I've always enjoyed investigating how programs work and
   trying to modify and improve them.

   When I started working for my current employer after leaving university
   (over seven years ago), the company was about to start restructuring
   their network and replacing a Redhat server with a couple of new
   machines running Debian potato. Since then, we've also managed to retire
   a couple of legacy Solaris boxes and now have seven Debian servers
   running a mixture of sarge and etch, in use as DNS and mail servers and
   firewalls. I became heavily involved in that migration as lead admin,
   and as a consequence starting learning more about Linux in general and
   Debian in particular.

   Initially I submitted a few patches to fix bugs we'd found in various
   packages whilst deploying them, and to add new functionality we'd
   implemented locally. The more time we spent using and working with
   Debian, the more I became immersed in the free software world and found
   that the idea of being able to modify, fix and (hopefully) improve the
   software I was using greatly appealed to me; as did knowing that other
   people could benefit from and further improve my contributions.

   My activities in Debian have so far mainly (although not exclusively)
   tended towards "Debian internals". I'm part of the maintenance teams
   for devscripts and lintian and follow and triage bugs and development
   for the BTS, ftp.debian.org, etc.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
Adam has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and Procedures.
He answered my Questions about Social Contract, DFSG, BTS etc. in a
good way.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
Adam's only package in DDPO is devscripts (comaintained), but he is
active behind the scenes in various areas.  I asked for feedback from
other developers that work with him, and was flooded with many and
consistently really good statements.

He also answered my questions regarding T&S without problems.

I strongly recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
Account:       adsb
Forward-Email: adam@adam-barratt.org.uk

Ciao,

Enrico