Re: Declaration

        Hi,

On Sat, May 17, 2008, Bart Samwel wrote:
> In order to comply with the requirements to become a Debian Maintainer
> (from http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers), I hereby state that I agree
> to the Debian Social Contract (including the DFSG), version 1.1, and the
> Debian Machine Usage Policies, version 1.1.1.

 I heartily support Bart's application.  I have been sponsoring his work
 on acpi-support since at least October 2006 and on laptop-mode-tools
 since at least March; he is also upstream for laptop-mode-tools.

 What I particularly like with Bart's working style is that he likes to
 understand each issue in depth, and to fix the root cause.  He has been
 asking clever questions, and is a nice person to work with.  He managed
 to clean up the bug list of the acpi-support package, which receives a
 steady stream of reports.

 I recommend him as DM.

   Bye,
--