AM report for Adriaan Peeters <apeeters@lashout.net>

Report for new developer applicant Adriaan Peeters <apeeters@lashout.net>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x4D2313D5:
   ID check passed, key signed by 23 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
pub   1024D/4D2313D5 2002-11-27
      Key fingerprint = EFD4 32E0 5C0B 1095 0669  743D 0325 7084 4D23 13D5
uid                  Adriaan Peeters <apeeters@lashout.net>
sig!         E3304051 2003-02-09  Wilmer van der Gaast <wilmer@gaast.net>
sig!         6C0084FC 2005-03-02  Chris Vanden Berghe <Chris@VandenBerghe.org>
sig!         747935DD 2007-02-25  Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
sig!         C5C05BAE 2007-02-25  Yves-Alexis Perez (Corsac) <corsac@corsac.net>sig!         969457F0 2007-02-25  Joost van Baal <joostvb@mdcc.cx>
sig!         9DFFAAD4 2007-02-25  Ludovic Brenta <lbrenta@debian.org>
sig!         9B7C328D 2007-02-25  Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>
   [...]
158 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
I am a PhD student in Computer Science at Ghent University, Belgium. I
started working with GNU/Linux back in early 1999 while I was working at
a Belgian ISP. The first Debian release I used was potato and my first
bug report dates back from March 2001.

I became active as a Debian contributor a while later with my first
patch (a one line documentation patch) in December 2002. From that
moment on I assigned more time to the Debian project and did some more
qa work (wmtime man page, ipv6 patch for offlineimap and other small but
annoying documentation bugs).

My first Debian package (dnstop) was accepted in Debian in April 2003
and I currently maintain 6 sponsored packages ranging from console
applications to gnome applets.

I want to become a Debian Developer to be able to do the packaging I do
currently more easily and to help other Debian contributors with
sponsorship through debian-mentors. I see a lot of effort in packaging
is lost due to a lack of manpower.

Furthermore I want to help the utnubu team to bring patches from Debian
derived distributions back to Debian. I believe the Open Source / Free
Software community can only benefit from better collaboration.

Finally I want to dedicate some time to find and resolve small but
annoying documentation bugs or missing links, like I did before applying
to become a DD.

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: apeeters
   Forward-Email: apeeters+debian.org@lashout.net

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Adriaan has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   He has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer or co-maintainer of the following packages:
computertemp
cvschangelogbuilder
dnstop
gnome-osd
link-monitor-applet
music-applet
sipcalc
libgui-commands-java
libjmathtex-java
libswirl-java

And some others in contrib.

   All packages are in good shape.
   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Adriaan Peeters as a Debian Developer.

Kurt