Re: DM application for Adam Cécile (Le_Vert)

(Dropping Cc's, everybody reads the list AFAICT.)

On 04/02/2008, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> Not to discredit your very useful work, but I hardly see any reason
> why this bug needed to be fixed two days later already. Of all the
> choices of the delayed queue, 2 instead of 10 suggests some real
> urgency which I cannot find in this bug.

I've been in the NMUer situation Lucas described, and indeed, that's
very useful to work this way. Anyway, fixing “regular” FTBFSes is IMHO
a bit different from fixing “FTBFS in this and that condition” like
the bash vs dash one, since it is not really a blocker e.g. for fixing
serious bugs in other packages build-depending on a first one, failing
to build on some (or all) archs.

> Uploading to the DELAYED/10 queue has the exact same effect for you
> (no need to come back to it) but allows for much more time,
> including a weekend, for the maintainer to address the issue
> themselves, and hence sends, in my view, a lot less "pushy" message
> to an active maintainer.

Agreed.

Cheers,

--