AM report for Jorge Salamero Sanz

Report for new developer applicant Jorge Salamero Sanz
<bencer@cauterized.net>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

pub   1024D/70EB0FCE 2006-02-02
      Key fingerprint = 93AE A372 7846 B14E 0DB3  8B65 589A 9034 70EB 0FCE
uid                  Jorge Salamero Sanz <bencer@cauterized.net>
sig!         54E672DE 2006-09-03  Isaac Clerencia <isaac@debian.org>
sig!         E8C43461 2006-11-06  Ana Beatriz Guerrero López <ana@ekaia.org>
sig!3        70EB0FCE 2006-02-02  Jorge Salamero Sanz <bencer@cauterized.net>
sig!    PN   AF79D29E 2006-09-25  Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be>
sub   4096g/F6FF2767 2006-02-02
sig!         70EB0FCE 2006-02-02  Jorge Salamero Sanz <bencer@cauterized.net>

11 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:

I'm[0] a 21 year old Computer Science student at CPS[1], University of
Zaragoza (Spain). My first contact with computers was in 1994 but until 2000
Free Software was completely unknown for me. I tried Red Hat and Mandrake
distros but I was a full-time BeOS user for a year and a half. In 2002 with
the release of Woody I switched to Debian which has been my prefered distro
because it's user friendly, powerfull and due to it's social contract. I run
Debian in all my machines using three ports: i386, powerpc and amd64.

Currently I work as sysadmin in my university taking care of two MPI clusters
(Gentoo and Debian machines) and several servers (mail, NIS, NFS, web,
backup...). Also I'm mastering Gluz2[2], a custom distro based on Kubuntu for
my University. I have a server[3] which offers free hosting and streaming to
social movements[4] besides comercial service. I'm an active member in
Púlsar[5] (Free Software University group), Downgrade Hacklab[6] (local
hacklab) and CEB[7] (Free Culture group).

I maintain 3 packages[8] in Debian and I'm working on a fourth. A few months
ago I developed a system to maintain a database of Debian stable files
hashes[9] but it's too buggy and I'll write again from scratch next month.
Also I've a personal repository[10] with custom packages and I'm porting[11]
some Debian packages to Maemo framework (Nokia 770).

2. Account Data
---------------

   Account: bencer
   Forward-Email: bencer@cauterized.net

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

   Jorge has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Jorge has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of some pages that are in good shape.

   I took him over from Martin Zobel-Helas, with whom he'd already passed
   a good deal of the process. He also answered my other questions regarding
   T&S without problems, and performed bug triage on KDE packages.

   I recommend to accept Jorge Salamero Sanz as a Debian Developer.

[0] http://bencer.cauterized.net/blog/
[1] http://www.cps.unizar.es/
[2] http://pulsar.unizar.es/gluz2/
[3] http://www.cauterized.net/