Re: Advocate DM: Asheesh Laroia

<quote who="Anthony Towns" date="Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 11:18:29PM +1000">
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 06:56:03PM +0100, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> > I advocate Asheesh Laroia as a DM. I've been reviewing and uploading
> > Asheesh's packages for sometime now and he already done a great job for
> > Debian already and will continue to do so a sa DM.
>
> Could people advocating DMs (or potential DDs for that matter) go into
> a bit more detail in their advocacy?

Sure. I modeled my message after the other advocacy messages sent to
this list.

Asheesh maintains a series of packages in Debian including Alpine which
is reasonably complex and increasingly important. He is quick and
responsive to issues with his packages and has been responsive and
respectful in his interactions with me and with users.

In the months I have been reviewing and uploading his packages, I've not
taken issue with any of his technical decisions or needed to suggest
changes. My role as sponsor is at this point one of rubber stamp and has
only served to increase the time his packages spending waiting to enter
the archive. I believe that this, combined with the fact that Asheesh
has fulfilled the requirements and agreed to our policies, qualifies him
as a DM.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Mako